1. Go with the controversy. If you want your articles to rank well in the newspaper you are writing for, you should strive to write something that is highly controversial. For example, you can write about a senator who was caught doing something inappropriate. This is something that is sure to cause a sensation and is something that will help you gain instant recognition in your field.
2. Do your homework. You cannot write your newspaper articles based on hearsay. Do your job well and research their stories thoroughly. Check out trusted resources, interview people, and do anything to get the kind of data you need. Make sure you can provide your readers with complete and detailed information.
3. Stick to the facts. You cannot afford to exaggerate the truth when writing for newspapers, as this is sure to tarnish your reputation. Stick to the truth and stay safe. If you are writing about something that is very controversial or those sensitive topics, make sure you have ways to back up your claims.
4. Use the inverted pyramid technique. Increase your chances of getting your articles read by using the inverted pyramid technique. This simply means putting all the juiciest information in your main paragraph. Your readers should be able to understand your stories even if they don’t have time to read your articles to the end.
5. Review your articles. Read your articles over and over again before handing them over to your editor. Make sure that all your information is factual and that all the names you include in your articles are well written. Also, make sure your content flows smoothly and your grammar is perfect.