Kenya has great shopping malls that will appeal to anyone and are perfect for hanging out. Let’s take a look at some of these fabulous places.
1. Village Market, Nairobi: Located in Gigiri, Nairobi, Village Market is a luxury shopping mall that is spread over an area of 20,000 square feet. Two Kenyan brothers started this market in 1995 which has 150 stores. Starting with tourists and ending with casual visitors, the town market is a favorite destination for all. You get a wide range of options for fashion accessories, electronic equipment and African artifacts. One of the events that interests me is the traditional dance that takes place here. Starting from the recreational facilities, food court, food stores, and some promotional events that take place throughout the year, this mall attracts visitors from all walks of life. Diplomats and expats love to spend evenings and weekends at this mall.
2. West Gate Mall, Nairobi: Opened in 2007, West Gate Mall is one of the best shopping malls in Nairobi. Located in the Westlands, this mall suffered the worst terrorist attack in history in 2013, claiming a large number of lives and destroying the mall completely. Congratulations to the spirit of Kenyans, the mall stood up again with its head held high in 2015. Be it branded accessories, restaurants, African artifacts, electrical appliances, food outlets or some area offices; you can find everything in the mall. It’s a great place to hang out with friends. You’ll find traditional African attire, artifacts, and other memorabilia.
3. Two Rivers Mall, Nairobi: Opened in 2017 by President Uhuru Kenyatta, this mall is one of the newest in Kenya. Spreading over an area of 11 acres, it is one of the largest shopping malls in sub-Saharan Africa. The mall proudly showcases world fashion leaders like LC Waikiki, Swarovski, Carrefour and Zara. You can enjoy a cup of coffee at Attifassi or be entertained at Magic Planet.
4. Nakumatt Nyali, Mombasa: Located next to the Nyali Bridge, this mall is one of the largest in Mombasa. Open 24 hours a day, Nakumatt Nyali is a major attraction for visitors and residents alike. Sporting several well-known brands, Nakumatt Nyali is a great place to spend your weekends. Nakumatt is a famous Kenyan supermarket chain that has three branches across East Africa that attract shoppers of all walks of life. You can stop here for a sumptuous lunch and then continue your sightseeing while in Mombasa.
5. Akamba Crafts, Mombasa: If you like home decoration, never miss a visit to Akamba Handicraft. Established in 1917, Mutisya Muge began selling their carvings to the military. Today it has almost 100 workers and 2,800 active members. It has a fascinating collection of animal carvings, decorative carvings, masks and ornaments, human sculptures, functional carvings, and abstract art. The stunning work of art will have a permanent place in your dining room to impress your guests.
6. Sarit Centre, Nairobi: Sarit Center is one of the busiest shopping malls in the city. Located in the heart of Westlands, Nairobi, this mall will impress you with the list of national and international brands on display. The permanent cultural sample, the exhibition and the promotional acts that take place here are the main attraction for any visitor. If you like sweet, savory and Indian spices then your search ends here. A perfect place to spend weekends, Sarit Center is one of the most desired places to satiate shopping.
7. Diamond Plaza, Nairobi: Located in Nairobi, Diamond Plaza is a luxury shopping complex that houses a 22-story building, six movie theaters, restaurants and cafes. Diamond Plaza is one of the oldest and largest shopping malls known to all Kenyans for the boulevard of international brands that it showcases. The unique plan, design and architecture of the building once captivated the media. You will find various food courts, grocery stores, offices and other recreational activities.
8. Diani Beach Mall, Diani Beach: Located in Diani Beach, Mombasa, this is one of the famous shopping malls in Kenya. With a plethora of shopping options, the Diani Beach Mall has one of the best collections of accessories, food courts, and electronics. If you are a visitor to Kenya, never miss an opportunity to visit Diani Beach for a sumptuous lunch.
9. TRM, Thika Street: TRM Mall in Thika is one of the state of the art modern shopping malls today. With a collection of international and national brands, TRM is one of the busiest centers during the weekends. Come shopping for your wedding or maybe for a movie, TRM will entertain you with all possible facilities.
10. West End Mall, Kisumu: If you are in Kisumu, never miss the opportunity to relax in the West End Mall. You will surely appreciate the huge collection of national and international brands or you can enjoy the pleasures of enjoying a great meal in the food court. You will be surprised to find the large number of artifacts, paintings, sculptures, books and merchandise.
Kenya is a perfect blend of incredible wildlife, excellent hospitality, and modern accessories. It preserves both modernity and primitive tribal life with absolute perfection. Kenya and its precious assets, along with the hospitality and warmth of its people, are unforgettable. And when it comes to shopping, here are the best of malls to quench your shopping spree.